Tests and diagnosis of Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
An initial evaluation for enlarged prostate will likely include:
1. Detailed questions about your symptoms: - Your doctor will want to know about other health problems you may have, what medications you're taking and whether there's a history of prostate problems in your family.
2. Digital rectal exam: - This exam can allow your doctor to check your prostate by inserting a finger into your rectum. With this simple test, your doctor can determine whether your prostate is enlarged.
3. Urine test (urinalysis): - Analyzing a sample of your urine in the laboratory can help rule out an infection or other conditions that can cause similar symptoms. Your doctor may use additional tests to rule out other problems and help confirm enlarged prostate is causing your urinary symptoms.
4. Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test: - It's normal for your prostate gland to produce PSA, which helps liquefy semen. When you have an enlarged prostate, PSA levels increase. However, PSA levels can also be elevated due to prostate cancer, recent rectal tests, surgery or infection (prostatitis).
5. Urinary flow test (uro-flowmetery): - This test measures the strength and amount of your urine flow. You urinate into a receptacle attached to a special machine. The results of this test over time help determine if your condition is getting better or worse.
6. Transrectal ultrasound: - An ultrasound test provides measurements of your prostate and also reveals the particular anatomy of your prostate. With this procedure, an ultrasound probe about the size and shape of a large cigar is inserted into your rectum. Ultrasound waves bouncing off your prostate create an image of your prostate gland.
7. Prostate biopsy: - With this procedure, a transractal ultrasound guides needles used to take tissue samples of the prostate. Examining tissues from a biopsy under a microscope can be help to diagnose or rule out prostate cancer.
New Non-surgical treatment
for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) or enlarged prostate
By Prostatic Artery Embolization (PAE)
Low cost non-surgical treatment of enlarged prostate in Delhi, India as compare to other cities of India like Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Pune.
For more in-depth information contact:
Pradeep Muley M.D. Senior Consultant Interventional Radiologist
Mobile or whatsapp : 098104 92778 or E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org